The first two weeks I slept on the double decker bus ride into work. I learned to pick up bits of extra sleep anywhere anytime I could. This last week I've gone to the top deck of the bus and sat alone in the back to soak in the ride and the sights. My favorite drive is at night when we go along the Thames and see all the buildings along the waterfront colorfully lit up, and pass the awesome Tower Bridge with the Olympic rings on it. That is when I wish I could stop the bus and take a ton of pictures of everything. I'm trying hard to just be present for every experience and moment, but lack of sleep and fighting sickness makes that difficult. NBC has started to pack up the Nightly News workspace next to us and day by day people and equipment make the trip back home.
Monday, August 13, 2012
Almost Over
It is really hitting me that my time here at the Olympics is rapidly coming to an end. I find myself trying to savor and remember as much as I can about what I'm doing, what I'm seeing, and just about the experience in general. I hope this won't be my only time at the Olympics, but if it is, I just want to feel like I've gotten everything out of it I possibly can. I also feel a responsibility to blog about my days and to be able to come back to Charlotte with lots of stories about the behind the scenes action.
It's sad every time I hear someone say they're glad its almost over, or counting down the days to departure. I understand all of us have lives and people back across the pond, but we've all come together in this amazing experience to share the sights, sounds, and images of the greatest athletic competition in the world. This is my first Olympic Games and my favorite sporting event in the world and I sort of wish it could last forever. I'm taking more pictures everyday, and trying to meet more people from media outlets across the world, and trade some pins. Soon this will be just a good memory and I don't want to have any regrets!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment